Wednesday, May 29, 2013


Parvati, I think Parvati is first tourist attraction in Pune city. If you are on trip to Pune then you must include Parvati Hill in your list. It is situated at heart of Pune, hardly 1 km from Swargate Bus stand. Parvati is specially famous for hilly  area, Lord Shiva temple, pleasant climate and great view of whole Pune. So I am here to capture few good frames...
   

A small trip to Parvati starts with a short ascent of 103 steps. Now I am at first step but I could not find my shadow because it is exactly below me, so I checked my watch and its 12 o'clock in afternoon. I think this is not a good time to visit Parvati but I still continued.....


 You can see lots birds in this area. Bird lovers, a must visit place for you.




 Finally I have reached to 103th step, there are three ways to go right, left and center. I decide for Lord Shiva temple situated at left.



A Lord Shiva temple is surrounded by terrace corridor on boundary which is very nice place to hangout (Note : Terrace is opentill 8 pm).

Narrow staircase to terrace..
                                                       
      


A Precious Gallery...
                                                           

You will get best view of whole Pune city from Temple's terrace.



There is Peshwa museum on right side of Lord Shiva temple. You will see vestige of Great Peshwa's in this museum.



There is Lord Vishnu Temple behind the museum. I think this is most ignored or unseen part of Parvati hill. So next time when your in this area don't miss to visit this temple.





If you are tired of that much exertion then there is something you love to drink , "Nimbu-Pani" (Lime water).


During my journey I have captured some of good snaps, which I am sharing with you...

Rear view of Parvati Hill


A WWE wrestler




So if you wish to see tourist places in Pune then you can not ignore "Parvati Hill". I had really awesome time roaming in this area. A whole Pune city view from temple's terrace is delight to watch.

( Note : If you have any suggestions and compliments then please feel free to write me @ akshaythephotographer@gmail.com)

3 comments:

  1. i visited Parvati several times but i think i m not seen everything abt this beautiful place.........

    Mr. Akshay ur not only share it but also reveal it for us thanx gr8 work ............ (h)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful temple. I would love to visit this temple. Check out all best hill stations near Pune also for absolute fun

    ReplyDelete